If you are a small business and you are not utilising a software based accounts package then you are missing out. It is surprising how many businesses don’t take advantage of accounts software and spend hours of time managing their books manually trough Microsoft Excel or similar. At Tawemedia through our business and IT consultancy we strongly recommend using accounting software to manage your finances allowing you to save time and money.
The main benefits of using accounts software are:
- Keeping track of your business’ debtors and creditors
- Reduce delays between making a sale and generating an invoice
- Automatically calculate VAT
- Facilitate more accurate forecasting
- Allow you to add payroll modules to calculate pay and produce pay slips
- Could also save money with your accountant
Before purchasing an accounts package it would be worth looking at your existing accounting processes and find the best package that suits your requirements. It would also be worth speaking to an accountant who would be able to recommend software based on your current requirements.
There are a number of off the shelf software packages available some of which are listed below:
Sage – www.sage.co.uk
Quickbooks – www.quickbooks.intuit.co.uk
Turbocash – www.turbocashuk.com
MYOB – www.mamut.com/uk/myob
Pegasus – www.pegasus.co.uk
It is essential that your chosen software is easy to use and will integrate into any existing accounting procedures in place.